It’s yet again time for the Music Mastani monthly awards, this time for the albums whose movies released in or will release in August.
In this month, none of the soundtracks impressed totally. First of all, I only reviewed four albums and one movie with one song, because the other albums weren’t worth reviewing at all.
The first August album I reviewed was Entertainment, with music by Sachin-Jigar and a special song by Chirantan Bhatt. Sachin-Jigar had composed some entertaining songs, and the album lived up to the name of its movie. Chirantan also composed a pretty good track, and delivered something never-before-heard. Out of all the songs in the album, ‘Johnny Johnny’ and ‘Veerey Di Wedding’ did the trick, with ‘Tera Naam Doon’ following close behind.
Raja Natwarlal was the next album I reviewed, which marked the Bollywood debut album of South titan composer, Yuvan Shankar Raja. Again, he delivered a set of entertaining songs, with ‘Tere Hokey Rahengay’ and ‘Dukki Tikki’ topping the list. Others were fairly engaging as well. The only drawback of the album was that, being an album for a Kunal Deshmukh movie, the songs were pretty disappointing, because of the absence of Pritam, Kunal’s good-luck charm.
The next album of August that I reviewed was Singham Returns. Being a multi-composer album, it didn’t manage to impress me that much, and served as a waste of time, mostly. The only exceptional song was ‘Sun Le Zara’ by Jeet Gannguli, and ‘Kuch Toh Hua Hai’ by Ankit Tiwari also managed to attarct many listeners. Meet Bros. Anjjan and Yo Yo Honey Singh disappointed with their respective songs.
Mardaani came next, and it had only one song, composed by Salim-Sulaiman. Since it had only one song, which was awesome, it managed to make its place as one of the best songs of the month. However, it cannot be counted in the best album category, because it had only one song. 😛
Lastly, I reviewed Mad About Dance, which was pretty useless, except for a single song ‘Ishq Da Bukhar’ composed by Vidyadhar Bhave. The other song which impressed to a certain extent was ‘Kahan Hai Khuda’ composed by Saahil Prem, whereas the songs by Sangeet-Siddharth and Dr. Zeus failed to impress.
Now that I have recapitulated the albums of August 2014 for all of you, here is the time to declare the winners!!
4th Music Mastani Monthly Awards
♪ MAIN AWARDS
• Singer of the Month (Female) :- Sunidhi Chauhan for Mardaani Anthem (Mardaani)
• Singer of the Month (Male) :- Arijit Singh for Sun Le Zara (Singham Returns)
• Composer of the Month (Song) :- Salim-Sulaiman for Mardaani Anthem (Mardaani)
• Composer of the Month (Album) :- Sachin-Jigar for Entertainment (excluding ‘Maange Entertainment’ by Chirantan Bhatt)
• Album of the Month:- Entertainment (Tips Music)
• Musical Jodi of the Month (Best Duet) :- Atif Aslam & Shalmali Kholgade for Tera Naam Doon (Entertainment)
• Lyricist of the Month:- Priya Panchal for Tera Naam Doon (Entertainment)
♪ SONG AWARDS
• Best Romantic Song:- Tere Hokey Rehengay & Tere Hokey Rahengay – Reprise (Raja Natwarlal)
• Best Dance Song:- Johnny Johnny (Entertainment) & Veerey Di Wedding (Entertainment)
• Best Sad Song:- Sun Le Zara (Singham Returns)
• Best Club Song:- Teri Mahima Aprampaar (Entertainment)
• Best Classical-Based Song:- Kuch Toh Hua Hai (Singham Returns)
• Song With Best Use of Fusion:- Ishq Da Bukhar (Mad About Dance)
• Best Song With a Western Influence:- Johnny Johnny (Entertainment)
• Best Song With a Folk Influence:- Dukki Tikki (Raja Natwarlal)
♪ SPECIAL AWARDS
• Bandar Kya Jaane Adrak Ka Swaad (Best Album That Went Pretty Much Unnoticed) :- Mardaani (YRF Music)
• Newcomer of the Month:-
– Best Newcomer Composer:- Yuvan Shankar Raja (Debut Bollywood Album) for Raja Natwarlal
I hope all of you agree with the winners! If not, don’t worry, because you get to vote for your favourites now!
♪ POPULAR AWARDS
Hope that everyone was able to vote for their favourites! The results will be declared 24 hours from now… Till then… Keep voting!! 🙂
Next:- 4th Music Mastani Monthly Awards (Popular Awards Results) & Daawat-E-Ishq (Music Review)