Yet again, it is time for the monthly awards.. This time for November 2014.
November was a pretty good month considering the music, but bad considering the movies. 😂
Kill/Dil by Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy came up first, and had a great collection of songs, which were very enjoyable and suited the movie as well. Though they didn’t help the movie collect much, they were good for hearing!
Next up was the multi-composer The Shaukeens, in which we witnessed a one-of-a-kind multicomposer album, which was surprisingly better than most multi composer albums these days. Yo Yo Honey Singh and Arko Pravo Mukherjee’s songs stood out prominently.
Sachin-Jigar came next with their Happy Ending, resulting in one of the better albums of the year. All six songs were very good and enjoyable as well. It was the third album to get the highest rating on my blog.
After that came Rang Rasiya, in which Sandesh Shandilya composed awesome classical tunes, which appeal to today’s audience as well. The album was a great collection of traditional classical music with classical arrangements.
Ungli, another multicomposer album, also surprised! All the composers put in their best, with only Aslam Keyo performing below average. Gulraj Singh, Sachin-Jigar and Salim-Sulaiman gave great songs, however!
Sharib-Toshi, with Zid, did not quite give their best album as they had promised, but it did have decent songs. The best part of the album was the fab arrangements and recording!
Then came two small albums, Titoo MBA and Zed Plus. The former had two brilliant songs by youngster Arjuna Harjai, while the other songs were pretty much useless. The latter had great songs by Sukhwinder Singh & Nayab Raja. So, November ended on an average note!
Now, without any further ado, I present to you the winners! 🙂
7th Music Mastani Monthly Awards
♪ MAIN AWARDS
• Singer of the Month (Female) :- Rekha Bhardwaj for Mileya Mileya (Happy Ending)
• Singer of the Month (Male) :- Jubin Nautiyal for Meherbani (The Shaukeens)
• Composer of the Month (Song) :- Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy for Sajde (Kill/Dil)
• Composer of the Month (Album) :- Sachin-Jigar for Happy Ending
• Album of The Month:- Happy Ending (Eros Music) AND Kill/Dil (YRF Music)
• Musical Jodi of The Month:- Arijit Singh & Nihira Joshi for Sajde (Kill/Dil)
• Lyricist of the Month:- Priya Saraiya for Mileya Mileya (Happy Ending)
♪ SONG AWARDS
• Best Romantic Song:- Sajde (Kill/Dil)
• Best Dance Song:- Dance Basanti (Ungli)
• Best Sad Song:- Khamma Ghani (Happy Ending) AND Baawra (Kill/Dil)
• Best Club Song:- G Phaad Ke (Happy Ending)
• Best Classical-Based Song:- O Kamini (Rang Rasiya)
• Song With Best Use of Fusion:- Happy Budday (Kill/Dil)
• Best Song With A Western Influence:- Manali Trance (The Shaukeens)
• Best Song With A Folk Influence:- Anhad Naad (Rang Rasiya)
• Best Backing Vocals:- Raaga Trippin, (ft. Gary Misquitta, Gwen Dias, Thomson Andrews, Keshia Braganza, Alan DeSouza, Suzanne D’Mello) Arpita Mukherjee, Sashaa Tirupati & Mugdha Hasabnis for Pakeezah (Ungli)
• Best Sound Effects In A Song:- Paaji Tussi Such A Pussy Cat (Happy Ending)
• Best Retro-Styled Song:- Kill Dil (Kill/Dil)
• Best Humorous Song:- Paaji Tussi Such A Pussy Cat (Happy Ending)
♪ SPECIAL AWARDS
• Bandar Kya Jaane Adrak Ka Swaad (Best Album That Went Pretty Much Unnoticed) :- Rang Rasiya AND Zed Plus (Zee Music Company)
• Newcomer of The Month:-
– Newcomer of The Month (Composer) :- Vikram Nagi for Ishq Kutta Hai & Lonely (The Shaukeens)
– Newcomer of The Month (Singer – Female) :- Rajashwari Pathak for Sun Balam (Rang Rasiya)
– Newcomer of The Month (Singer – Male) :- Rahul Pandey for Haseena Tu Kameena Mein (Happy Ending)
Time for you guys to vote!! 🙂
♪ POPULAR AWARDS
Hope you all agreed with my winners and also the nominees! 🙂 May the best win!! 🙂 You have 24 hours to vote, so vote and SHARE! 😀 Results will be posted at 7 pm IST tomorrow, so keep voting!